So, the wonderful I-Wish-My-Blog-Was-Half-as-Fun-as-Hers Jessica R. Patch passed the Lucky 7 Meme off to me last week. Thank you, Jess! We’ve never met in person, but I love her dearly. This is what happens when you compete against someone in a competition and you both lose.
Anyway, Luck 7 means she’s challenged me to do the following:
Go to page 77 in my current manuscript.
Go to line 7.
Copy the next 7 lines/paragraphs and post them as they’re written (no cheating!).
Pass this along to 7 other writers.
Since I’m currently plotting my next manuscript, we’ll have to forgo that one for now. She also had another up on her blog that included seven things about yourself, so we’ll do that instead.
1. I love afternoon thunderstorms in the summer. L-O-V-E them. They are my favorite thing about summer, pretty much. But when I was a kid, I was deathly afraid of them. Funny how that thing called “maturity” works.
2. My husband and I recently bought my grandmother’s house, the house I pretty much grew up in. When she died three years ago, I told my brother I could never live here. Now I can’t imagine living anywhere else. Another “funny”… Funny how God and time work.
3. I used to be a rabid scream-at-the-TV NASCAR fan, so much so that my college roommates typically made themselves scarce on Sunday afternoons. Then I quit watching. Then God had me write a book with NASCAR in it. Which was weird. But fun.
4. I love being barefoot. My “Yankee” husband makes fun of me. (I put “Yankee” in quotes because he swears being from Michigan doesn’t make him one. We need to work on that Mason-Dixon Line thing, seeing as how Michigan helped the Union so much during the Civil War that Lincoln once said, “Thank God for Michigan.” He’s a good ol’ Southern boy now, though.
Nurture trumps nature.) Anyway, barefoot or flip flops, please. My daughter is just like me. My husband will likely never conform. He grew up on a beef farm. ‘Nuff said.
5. If iPods had been around when I was in middle school and high school, I’d probably be a high school dropout today. So much music! So little time! Oh, the wonder of every song I could possibly want right at my fingertips! And I thought CDs were amazing!
6. I’m a sold out Apple chick. MacBook. iPad. iPod(s). iPhone. My car has a bumper sticker on it that says “iBeach.” A friend asked me the other day if she should buy a MacBook; I told her she should be sure she wanted to ask me that question, because I should be a preacher at the church of Mac. And then I didn’t shut up for twenty minutes. See? A sermon.
7. If you want to know what a true, total, and utter nerd I am, get ready… My all time favorite song is… Ready? “Sailing” by Christopher Cross
. Yeah. I know. Get over it.
Okay, so seven of my blogging friends… Some of you are novelists and get to do the Lucky 7 Meme from page 77 of your WIP. The others of you? Seven things about you, please.
7. Kay Shostak
, who is my hero for blogging EVERY DAY for an entire year
So, who are some of your favorite bloggers. Or, even better, what’s your inner nerd, buried in the attic favorite song? Hmm?